Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TAWG Update

For the past two weeks our Wednesday nights have been devoted to TAWG (Time Alone With God). I will have to say, I have been doing pretty good with doing my TAWG each day. I have missed a few days, but for the most part, I have done it on a regular basis. I have been journaling some stuff with scripture I have been reading and it has been awesome!

Last week Alison shared with us on the ALONE part of TAWG. Here are some key points from last Wednesday.

  • If you want your OWN relationship with God, spend time with him ALONE.
  • Having my own relationship with God means....
  • 1. Feeding myself continuously.
  • 2. Using and Apron vs. a Bib.
  • Spending time alone with God is...
  • 1. Finding your mountain. (Luke 6:12)
  • 2. Getting rid of distractions.
  • 3. Digging deep into your heart.
  • Being alone with God allows us to:
  • 1. grow individually
  • 2. completely depend on Him
  • 3. be authentic
  • 4. have a long-lasting relationship
  • 5. have intimacy with Him
  • 6. discover our true identity in Him

A couple of questions to think about today...

1. What does your mountainside look like?

2. Is my relationship with God my OWN, or am I depending on a lot of other people, church, etc. to keep my faith alive?

3. What is distracting me from getting ALONE with God?

1 comment:

mamaofsix said...

Did you cast both votes on your poll? I should've known.....