Sunday, November 11, 2007

What I'm Thankful For: Part 1

As you know, Thanksgiving will be celebrated on November 22, which is only 11 days away. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to blog about things I am thankful for. I will be posting one thing I'm thankful for leading up to Thanksgiving.

Part 1: My Parents

The first thing I am thankful for is two wonderful Christian parents. I have been fortunate to grow up in a Christian home with two very loving parents. Now that I am getting older, their love for me hasn't changed at all. I am so thankful for both of them and for all the sacrifices and love that they continue to show me to this day.

As you know, life is not easy. There have been many times in my life when I have messed up, made wrong decisions, not treated my parents nicely, but you know what, they never changed how much they loved and care for me. This reminds me exactly how my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is. No matter how many times I have failed or have let Jesus down, he is always there to wrap his arms around me and still love me.

As Thanksgiving is upon us again, I can't say enough how thankful I am for my parents. I really love them a lot and they mean the world to me.

No comments: