Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Opening Night at the "Anthill"


You are probably wondering what the "Anthill" is. Well, this past Friday over Thanksgiving weekend my brother, aunt and I headed to the Ft. Wayne Coliseum to see the first ever Ft. Wayne Mad Ants NBA Developmental League game against the Tulsa 66ers.


I really didn't know what to expect but I was really impressed as I walked in the door. We were greeted by a live band, the Madames, the dance team of the Mad Ants, let me just say they were pretty impressive, a lot of enthusiasm, and much more.


Ft. Wayne hasn't had a professional basketball team since 1992 and the then CBA Ft. Wayne Fury. I was excited to see the Mad Ants because they have two former IU stars on the roster, Earl Calloway and Rod Wilmont. The Coliseum was jacked up.. much like an NBA game. It started with some sweet NBA like music, fireworks during the introductions, and plenty of time out performances by the Madames. Oh yeah, by the way, the Mad Ants lost the opener.


For $5.00, you couldn't have really gone anywhere else on a Friday night for that price. I will definitely be going to some more games soon.

No comments: