Monday, June 11, 2007

One of the Hardest Days Of My Life

Today was something I have been dreading for like 2 months now. My best friends that I have been close to for ten years left for Texas tonight. I knew that this would be a difficult day for me and for my friends, but I didn't realize how much until we said our final goodbyes. The difficult thing about this was that my two nephews were also taken this so hard and then I totally lost it.

Today has to be one of the saddest days of my life, but I know that this won't be the last time I see them again. Don't get me wrong, it won't be the same. I have spent some very valuable time with them over the past ten years. They have been with me through the good and the bad times of my life.

I have to just realize that what they are doing is what God has called them to do. I can't be selfish in saying I want them to stay. Sure, I would love for them to still be here, but I know they are going to be okay in Texas. My prayer is that they will settle in and meet some new people and truly enjoy their new life. They will be missed....but God will bring us back together one day.

No comments: