Sunday, June 3, 2007

LOVE WINS

For the past four weeks, NMC has been doing a series titled "Love Wins." This series has really been eye opening for me.

Today's title was "Obstacles." Pastor Chris Knight brought the message this morning and it really hit home.

The main passage was Philippians 3:12-16
"Love Wins" is all about allowing our lives to impact other for the sake of the Kingdom. As we dig deeper into this, we must consider what to do with the obstacles that stand in the way of us reaching our fullest potential.

We must EXPECT obstacles in our life! (Philippians 3:14)
OBSTACLE #1: TIME (Luke 9:57-62)
*I was really challenged with this one. What are my priorities? Am I doing what is most important in life??
OBSTACLE #2: FEAR OF....
FAILURE (John 18:15-18, 25-27; Acts 2: 14-41)
BEING HURT AGAIN/BAD EXPERIENCES (Phillipians 3:13)
SIZE OF THE TASK (Exodus 3-4)
OBSTACLE #3: AM I QUALIFIED?

All of these really hit me. Obstacle #2 really stuck out. I am afraid of being hurt again by others a lot. I am reminded daily that God will never leave me nor forsake me. Humans are going to let us down, but our Heavenly Father never will! I need to stand on that promise.

We need to think about this question today: The obstacle, that with God's help, I need to rise above is ????????

No comments: