Monday, June 18, 2007

Death

Death is never an easy thing to deal with. I have been fortunate in my life not to have very many of my relatives die yet. However, all of my grandparents are in their middle 80's to 91 and the time is coming when death will take place.


This past weekend (Saturday), my great Aunt Edna went home to be with the Lord. It was a sad time as I sat by her bedside at the nursing home knowing that there was nothing anyone could do for her. She lived in New Jersey most of her life and moved to Warsaw around ten years ago. She didn't have any family there and my aunt and uncle's and mom wanted to bring her to Indiana where she had family.

I remember a lot of good times with her. She always smiled and had that sweet New Jersey accent. She also always wandered where her pocketbook was at, she was very active in her church, and she loved her family.

Tuesday (tomorrow) will be a tough day as we have her funeral and burial. The good thing is that God says this is a celebration instead of just a sad time. I know my Aunt Edna is in a better place now with God and she will have no suffering in heaven. I am so glad I had the opportunity to spend some time with her. She will be missed, but I know we will see her again in heaven.

No comments: