Friday, May 18, 2007

High School Baseball- Miss It


Last night I had the opportunity to head to Ft. Wayne and Wizards stadium to see two very good high school baseball teams. #1 ranked Norwell (23-0)(Class 3 A) took on #6 ranked Homestead (4A).


Before 1,500 fans and over ten major league scouts, Norwell won 4-0. My former high school basketball coach invited me to the game. Norwell has a big-time MLB prospect pitcher in Jerod Parker. Parker is predicted to go as high as the top 5 in next month's Major League Baseball Draft. After watching him pitch last night, I can see why. The kid is going to be a MLB pitcher someday. He is that good!


I remember playing high school baseball and seeing some scouts at games, but never did I see as many as 11 radar guns and 2 MLB general managers in attendance. It was pretty impressive. Just watching the game last night really made me want to go out on the field and take some grounders and hit a few.


It was a great night. Caught some supper at Red Robbin and then headed over with my former coach and family. Great night, good baseball.

No comments: