Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One Amazing Sunset and Night











After supper we headed down to the beach to see the amazing sunsets on Lake Michigan. If you have never been here before, you really need to do that soon. Here is what the view looked like.






As we were walking down to look at the sunset, I looked for the proper rock to sit on to watch the sunset. Now, there was a reason why I wanted to sit at a specific rock. I have been planning for about a week now of proposing to my girlfriend on the beach. My parents are with us on the trip and I sent them to do a big job for me. Their job was to bury a poster for me. As we got closer, I walked by and started pulling out this poster from the sand. I was like, "What in the world is this?" You should have seen Jill's face when she first read this poster. By the way, the poster said, "Jill, will you marry me?" You should have seen the look on her face, it was classic. Well, she said YES and I was totally blown away.




I am so glad that is finished because I was so nervous the whole day. For you guys out there, you can probably relate to being nervous before you asked your significant others to marry you right?




I am so happy because God has brought an amazing woman of God to me. I have been praying that God would bring me a special person who I could spend my life with. God is so good!




Enjoy the pictures!




8 comments:

Jodie said...

Congratulations Craig & Jill. We couldn't be happier for you two! This is awesome news!!
Love to you both!!
Jeff, Jodie, Blake and Brooklyn Roose

mamaofsix said...

Since you have sand all over your knees, does that mean you asked her down on one knee?!?! You better have:-)

Dan Weiss said...

WOW! I am so excited for you guys. Jill is awesome and you two are awesome together. Congratulations!

Rachael Thompson said...

Congratulations! This is awesome news! We all need to hang out sometime. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Janelle Prenkert said...

YAY! So happy for you and Jill. I was wondering when that was going to happen! Now, a fun wedding to plan! Enjoy!!

Chris Atkins said...

Congratulations Craig and Jill!
I am so happy for you both!

Craig, I know exactly how you felt. I had the same nervous feelings right before I proposed to Amy.

Love ya bro! I can't wait to see you guys!

Chris

kobrien said...

hey congratulations. i haven't seen you in forever so this is all complete news to me. You should come out and go on the lake this summer. keep in touch and i'm glad you found her!!

kyle

michelle said...

Craig and Jill we are so very happy for the two of you and can not wait to get to know Jill better. Welcome to the family!
Aunt Michelle