Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lake Michigan


Finally! After a busy school year ended on June 6, I had one week off before I headed to Washington D.C. for a week on a mission trip with my church. There really hasn't been a lot of just "down time" of doing nothing since summer started for me. That is all changing this week!


I am currently on Lake Michigan for a week of vacation with my girlfriend and parents. We got here yesterday and it has been two really great days. The weather today was perfect! The high was about 81 and it was great beach weather. Had a lot of great laughs on the beach with some jart games, football throwing, swimming, and riding the waves. I love the beach and often wonder how awesome it would be to live near a big beach all the time.


Tonight we are headed to a really good fish place for supper and then enjoy the amazing sunsets that take place here on Lake Michigan. Last night looking at the sunset just reminds me how great God is and all that he has blessed me with. Just looking out at the miles and miles of water, the sunset, and just my surroundings this week.

No comments: