Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Half Marathon Update

As many of you know, I committed to running a half-marathon with my fiance in early June. Let me update how things have been going. For the most part, I have felt pretty good in most of my runs. I ran 6 miles this past Saturday and felt horrible because of the humid air and not much food in my body. I just finished running four today. I have been averaging about 20-22 miles a week. My days off are usually Thursday and Sunday.
I ran cross country in high school and my longer runs bring back horrible memories of those days! My goal is just not to walk at all and not really care too much about my time. The race at the end of September will be a lot better because I will be running with my fiance, and some of my best friends, Marty and Mindy Graverson and Dan and Katie Weiss. I know my buddy Dan has been updating his marathon training daily and I hope to do the same. You can check out Dan's blog by clicking on his name on my page. With the hot and humid weather the past two days I have been running inside. I am hoping to get out tomorrow if it isn't too bad.

The longest I have ran is six miles.....right now I can't imagine running 13.1!

No comments: