Thursday, May 29, 2008

Student Ministries- A True Joy


I have the privilege of working with some incredible students at NMC. This has been a fantastic year again in our youth group. God has moved in miraculous ways. Every Wednesday night our gym is packed with students who are passionately seeking the face of God. What is really amazing to me is that these students are far more ahead of me at this age spiritually. I often wonder what it would have been like to have a youth group like this when I was in high school.


Last night was a little different twist. It was "The first meeting of next school year." We invited this year's 8th graders to join us and this year's seniors were not there. It was pretty cool to see a student introduce each incoming freshman and all the upper class men clapping for them to feel welcome. I don't know if you can remember entering high school, but I remember being pretty nervous. Last night was a great beginning to next school year.


I am looking forward to getting to know some of these students at Summer Camp this year which will take place in July. This summer is going to be very exciting! I am a part of a mission team going to Washington, D.C. in June to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to those that are lost. I had the opportunity to go to New York City last summer and it was one of the biggest spiritual moments of my life. I am really excited to see how God is going to use our team in D.C. Please pray for our team as we travel, as we are in the parks sharing his word, and that we all will step out of our box and really be on fire for him!


I am really going to miss the seniors as I really have gotten close to many of them. This senior class has a lot of strong leaders who are going to make a difference in the world for Christ. Thank you all for an amazing four years in the NMC ministry and I am looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in your lives.

1 comment:

Kris Hood said...

I'm sure you are making a huge difference in these lives. My oldest granddaughter (15) is going to NY this summer on a mission trip. I am anxious to get her reactions afterwards.