Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

What a great Labor Day weekend! As always, it seems like these longer weekends go by so quickly. This past weekend was no different. It was a great time of fellowship with family and friends. Here is a brief rundown of the past weekend:

Friday:
Went out to eat at Outback with my fiance and one of her friends. Always a great time at Outback. We then headed for some ice cream at Zesto's.

Saturday:
We headed to my fiance's parents for a cookout and a great time of fellowship with future in-laws, sister-n laws, my fiance's aunt and uncle, and my parents. I am so blessed to have such loving future in-laws and siblings. We had a ton of fun! Lots of great food (steak, yum yum peanut butter pie, "real" applesauce, and plenty of other great stuff). We played some sweet games and just had a great time of fellowship.

Sunday:
We went to church, had some lunch, then we headed to do some major yard work. The whole weekend was so hot. I think I lost 5 pounds working in the heat!

Monday:
We met our good friend's the Graverson's at the zoo in Fort Wayne. We ate lunch at another one of my favorite places, Red Robin. We then headed to look at tux's for the wedding. After that, we went to a few shops before finishing the day with some ice cream at Dairy Queen. It was a fun day!

Training Update:
We ran 8 on Saturday and I felt pretty good. We waited to run our 6 late last night because it was so hot out. Last night was the best run I have had in a month. The race is only 25 days away........

No comments: