Monday, September 8, 2008

Frustrating Football Weekend

Well, I was really excited about the start of the '08 college and pro football seasons. Here is what I came away with.

Notre Dame:
I really thought the Irish would put a horrible 2007 behind them and dominate a horrible San Diego State team. San Diego State was coming off an embarrassing loss to Cal Poly, a Division 2 team. The Irish looked to be better defensively and on the offense as well. The Irish played like last year. They were sloppy on offense, couldn't rush the passer, made costly turnovers, were undisciplined with several crucial penalties. I was really disappointed and so were the other thousands of Irish fans on hand. San Diego State really gave the game to the Irish. They were getting ready to open the game up when they fumbled on their own 1 yard line. It took three quarters for ND to wake up, as they finally pulled away winning 21-13. Let's just say I am not as optimistic as I was before the game on Saturday. This weekend brings a just as bad Michigan team into ND Stadium. This should be a win, but if we play like last week, it will be a loss.

Prediction: Notre Dame 17 Michigan 14

Colts:
A brand new stadium, Peyton Manning-less in the pre-season, a healthy Marvin Harrison? There were many questions about the Colts opener. One thing I did know was that they were playing a punchless Bears team. Well, let's just say, the Colts also looked horrible and lost to the bad Bears 29-13 spoiling the opener in the new Lucas Oil Stadium. I was so frustrated I went to bed early. It could be a long season for the Colts as well. I will say with Tom Brady out for the year, the Colts could still be favored to win the AFC.

1 comment:

Tim Berkey said...

*sniff* *sniff*
What happened?