Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Exhausted!

Wow! What a past couple of days it has been. Today I am so tired. When I woke up this morning I couldn't believe the alarm said 6:00! I don't know about you, but it seems like we all get this way from time to time. I am not just talking about being physically tired, I mean emotionally, spiritually tired. Last night I ran 11 miles, my longest run to date. As I was running last night I had a lot of thinking time to myself. First of all, the run went real well for 11 miles. I am feeling like I should be able to complete the half marathon next weekend without much problem. It was also a time to just think of all the good that God has been doing in my life lately. No matter how tired we are, I know I can go to God and he can help me get through anything! I was reminded of that today when I was driving to work and getting ready for another martahon day. I often worry about all that I have to do, things I need to check-off my list, what I have going this weekend, and many other things throughout my day. While reading my devotions this morning, I came across a good verse that made me stop and think:
"You do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." James 4:14
I need to not worry about the things to are ahead, but to trust in God right now. God is at work all the time! It is so awesome to think that he already has our fears and worries planned out for our good.

3 comments:

mamaofsix said...

Great post!! I think we all definitely get this way and there are times when "busyness" just gets in the way!! I schedule is totally CRAZY until the first of November but I knew it would be going into it and I know what it will be like after November...calm...for all a nano-second,LOL!! I don't think calm is even a word to describe our family but I know what you mean when it comes to being spiritually and emotionally exhausted! You're verse was great! Thanks! Not that you have anything else to do, but you still need to bring Jill by to meet the kids!

Kris Hood said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the verse! I have had a challenging couple days with Liam and I needed this reminder today. Thank you!
(Landan's Mom:-)