Friday, March 28, 2008

Your Best Life Now


My buddy Marty and I are currently reading the book "Your Best Life Now" by Joel Osteen. This book centers on 7 Steps To Living At Your Full Potential. This book has really challenged me and it is a book I am looking forward to diggin in to.


This week we read the chapter God Has More in Store. Here are some points I took from it:


  • What you will receive is directly connected to how you believe and what you expect. If you want God to do the extraordinary, then you must start believing Him for bigger things.

  • When God puts a dream in your heart, when He brings opportunities across the path, do you step out boldly in faith, expecting the best, moving forward with confidence, knowing that you are well able to do what God wants you to do? Or do you shrink back in fear, and say, "That's too big for me. I'm not not qualified. I'm not able. I could never do that." God wants to do a new thing in your life. But you've got to do your part and get outside that little box. We need to start thinking big!

  • Too often, we get comfortable with where we are and we use that as an excuse to remain in mediocrity.

  • We can affect future generations by the decisions you make today.

  • God is not limited by environment, family background, or present circumstances. God is limited only by our lack of faith.

  • We can't get satisfied at where we are at in our lives.

This chapter really made me stop and think how often I put God in a tiny box. God is so much bigger than I give him credit for. I need to start dreaming big dreams because we serve such a BIG GOD!

2 comments:

mamaofsix said...

You crack me up:-) I just saw your pix to the right and the OC!!!

BTW, on your post what did you mean by your last "point"? Can we never be satisfied wtih our life? What do you/the author mean by that? I am curious to know.....

Anonymous said...

What if we dream big, but God doesn't provide? I'm sure Job didn't plan on what God had for Him. What does Joel say about that?