Friday, March 14, 2008

March Madness


One of my favorite things is finally here....March Madness! Last night I watched the Big East Tournament with my buddy Dan as the Irish took on Marquette. Notre Dame, which was seeding #3, was playing a very good Marquette team. The teams split in the regular season. Both Dan and I knew this would be a tough game for the Irish because of the athletic ability of Marquette. The first half was kind of shaky for both teams. ND'S Luke Harangody, the Big East Player of the Year, only played seven minutes because of foul trouble. Somehow, the Irish took a five point lead into the locker room.

Then came the second half. I think Marquette had to shoot at least 70 percent from the floor as they were hitting everything they threw up! The Golden Eagle s won 89-79 and sent the Irish home after only one day in New York. As I was thinking this morning, it may not be a bad thing Notre Dame lost. Here are a few reasons why:


  • They already have an NCAA tourney bid locked up

  • They will have a few extra days to rest for the tourney

The real fun begins next Thursday. I think the Irish can go far in the tourney, especially with the ability to score a ton of points.

No comments: