Friday, April 25, 2008

Softball Is Back


Finally! It has been about nine months since I last took a swing on the diamond. Last year was an awesome year of softball. I really missed my teammates, catching fly balls, and hitting over these past nine months.


Last night I took part in my first practice of the 2008 season. Of course when you haven't swung a bat in nine months there is some rust to get rid of. I was really pleased with my first practice of the year. I hit pretty well and fielded well for the first time out. I really thought I would struggle big time out there last night, but it didn't feel like nine months ago I was last hitting a ball.


I am really excited about this season. I believe our team will be better than last year. I saw some really good things last night and we have added some new players who will help us. I am very fortunate to play with some of my really good friends who are a ton of fun to be around. We kick off our season Sunday with a practice game. We will see right away what we will be made of this season.


We open up the "real" season next Thursday at 6:00! Get the big league chew, Gatorade, and sunflower seeds ready1

1 comment:

mamaofsix said...

the boys would definitely eat all your sunflower seeds.....they love 'em