Friday, April 4, 2008

A Big GOD


I am going on DCGO this summer with our youth group and we are reading and journaling from a book called "Max Q" by Andy Stanley and Stuart Hall. For those of you who don't know what DCGO stands for, it stands for Washington, D.C. GO. This summer we will be doing outreach in Washington, D.C. I am very excited about this opportunity to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost of D.C.

Last year I had the opportunity to do NYGO (New York City GO) and it was amazing! It was such a wonderful time of fellowship, worship, growing closer as a youth group, and sharing the gospel to unsaved people.

Max Q is a daily devotional that dives in to the areas of How to be an influence without being influenced. Each day is divided into a scripture reading, a few questions about the passage, a short story, and then a question to think about and reflect on.

Today's devotional ask a great question: "How big is your God?" Wow, the more I thought and reflected on this, the more I began to realize that I often put God in a tiny little box. I seem to get in a routine of going through the motions of the same prayers, same routine, and I really never ask God to do the big things in my life. I feel like I'm not worthy to ask him to do the unexpected. I often get comfortable where I'm at and stay in that rut for awhile. Anyone else out there know what I'm talking about? I realize that I need to ask God for the big things in my life and not be ashamed to ask for more in my life.

No comments: