Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007


Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. It is also one of the most joyful times. For many, it is also a time of loneliness, isolation, and rejection. The very season that should bring a sense of belonging and sharing with family and friends can leave many feeling as though they are not a part of anything or anyone. I know this is certainly not what God had in mind or intended when He sent His message of love to earth on that first Christmas.

"An angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them...The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord"...."Glory to God in the highest , and on earth peace among men with whom He is well pleased" (Luke 2:9-11)

As we have spent quality time with family and friends this Christmas season, let us remember the real reason for Christmas. Sure, I enjoyed opening some cool Colts stuff for Christmas, but as I get older, I realize more and more why we celebrate this special season.

I have found that Christmas is a time of communication, of telling others that you love and care for them. I have many family and friends that I care for and love so much. Let us not take those special people for granted in our lives. God has given so much LOVE to each and every one of us.. I don't think it is asking to much to love others back.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: