Saturday, July 28, 2007

Family Time

Well, this weekend is going to be a nice time with my family. About 17 days ago I dropped my parents off at the airport so they could go vacation in Hawaii......must be nice huh?

Well, tonight, my brother and I will be picking them up from the airport. I have spoken to them about four times in the past 17 days and every time I talk to them they say how beautiful Hawaii is and how much they don't want to come back to Indiana. As they were telling me about it, I couldn't help but think how beautiful Heaven is going to be compared to even Hawaii.

I have just stopped and looked at some amazing things God has created (sunsets on Lake Erie, the stars at night, etc.) and just am amazed how awesome our God really is!!! I know I take him for granted a lot and I can't anymore. I am reading a good book right now by Shawn McDonald and it just talks about our Passion for Christ and how we should approach our Heavenly Father on a daily basis.

I have had some unbelievable experiences this summer of drawing closer to him, but I want to have that same passion on a regular basis. Just like anything in life, if you want it bad enough, you have to go after it. I now know I want to passionatley seek his face at all times.

My brother and I are headed to South Bend tonight. It will be a good time to hangout. We both have busy lives and haven't had that much time to hangout this summer. I am looking forward to a good weekend.

No comments: