Monday, February 23, 2009

PCC...The Beginning of a new journey


For the past five years, I attended Nappanee Missionary Church. This church was a great place for me spiritually. I think in all my life, I grew at NMC the most. It was at Nappannee where my friend and Youth Pastor Derry Prenkert introduced me to Youth Ministries. I was a small group leader and was very involved on Wednesday nights. I also had the wonderful opportunity of going on mission trips to New York City and last summer to Washington, D.C. These mission trips were amazing. It really stretched out my shyness about sharing the Gospel of Christ. We witnessed to people in parks in New York and D.C. I will never forget those trips and all the sharing we did for Christ. One thing I will always take away from NMC are the relationships I made there. My best friends I met at NMC, the may youth kids who I continue to stay in touch with, amazing pastors and friends.

When I got married in December, I moved away from NMC and began in a new church with my wife, Pathway Community Church. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous at first, but after two months, I totally love it! Pathway is a lot like NMC, it is actually part of the Missionary Church. The pastor, Ron Williams, is a great speaker and has a heart for Christ like Pastor Dave at NMC. We just started in a small group and we are excited about that. I am just looking forward to plugging in to my new church and sharing the love of Christ to those in the Fort Wayne area. I am also excited about the possibility of joining the worship team at PCC. God is so good. When I was nervous about going to a new church, God put the right people in my life to help me feel welcome and comfortable there.

No comments: