Monday, May 4, 2009

The Vow Series


Yesterday, Pastor Ron started a four week series titled "The Vow". This is going to be a great series on Marriage that the Lord has placed on Pastor's heart. Here are some things I took away from Week One.


Week 1: Priority


This message totally centered on who do we put as our #1 Priority in our lives. Many times, I find myself putting my wife as Priority #1. It is great to have that in my heart and soul, but ultimately, our #1 should be our relationship with Jesus Christ. When we have a great personal relationship with the Lord, we will have a better relationship with our spouse, and then that leads to better relationships with others.


Foundational Truth:

1. You give out what you possess.

*From your past: (successes, failures, losses, dysfunction, habits, history)

*In your present: (priorities, principles, purpose)

2. I cannot give what I do not possess.

*Matthew 22:37-39

a. JESUS is the ONE

b. Your spouse is the TWO

3. In order for me to give I must first possess.

*Your character, convictions, commitments, calling


It really made me stop and think about what changes do I need to make in order to totally put Christ as the NUMBER ONE priority in my life. It also has made me stop and think about what I am placing as my top priorities in my life. I am looking to see how God is going to move in me during this series and beyond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura and I are really looking forward to the remainder of this series. We will be gone on vacation during the third message. So, you will have to keep taking good notes! Well, I should get ready for my next flight. Have a great day! ~JP Axe

Anonymous said...

Excellent, babe! I will gladly be your TWO! :)

XO

Anonymous said...

Craig, So proud of you and Jill. We miss you terribly. PhillyGo is boring with out you... Love in Christ, Leslie