Friday, April 17, 2009

Amazing Night


Last night was the opening night of the new Parkview Field Stadium in downtown Ft. Wayne, home of the Tin Caps Minor League Baseball team. A lot has been said about why Ft. Wayne needed a new stadium, etc. I can tell you that this place is amazing! From the moment I walked into the place I was amazed! This is the nicest Minor League park I have been in.

I talked earlier in the year that I would love to be at the opening game but the tickets were sold out in 25 minutes. On Monday, my Dad said that one of his friends had an extra ticket and wanted to know if I could go. I was so excited that I would get a chance to see history! A crowd of 8,208, the largest ever for a professional baseball game in Ft. Wayne was on hand. The Tin Caps (formerly known as the Wizards) had many important people on hand, including San Diego G.M. Kevin Towers. Oh, by the way, the Tin Caps won the game 7-0 and have gotten off to a franchise best 7-0 start on the season!

No comments: